01 January 2010

The Towering Heights of My Ambition

This year I resolve to:

1. Run a 5K. My last 5K shirt from seven years ago has holes in the armpits, and I am throwing it away. So I need another one.

2. Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. In honor of my second and less self-pressured goal, I have ordered a clothes drying rack from Amazon. I would like to cut my electricity bill by air drying some or all of our laundry.

Normally I only make one resolution, because a whole year is a very long time to do anything. However, I decided to do a second one because one of my very ingenious friends mentioned that she does monthly goals, too, and I thought that my theme would be good for a few monthly low-pressure goals.

What is your biggest resolution this year?

9 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

No more nastiness, man. That is my whole goal -- no more negative remarks about people! I think it's gonna change my whole vibe. (I desperately want you to have a new 5K shirt, too. It'll just make you look so cool!!)

The Yoder's Four said...

To start dancing again and get rid of these last 5 lbs. of baby pudge. I want my stomach back!(Although it's never been the same since I started having kids.)

Also, to NOT blow our budget every month. Wouldn't that be something...

Meeks said...

I've been thinking about it today, and I think I want to be more consistent...I want to still be doing the things I set out to do in the beginning of 2010 at the end of 2010!

Linz said...

We are going to work on eating more whole, natural foods, and cut out processed food. No small feat for this household!

Good luck on your goals! There's a 5K in three weeks if you're interested! ;)

msjvd said...

You already know what mine is. And I'm determined!

I think yours are great, too. The 5K is good, but I really like the second one.

Might want to find a shaded place to put those drying items, though. Otherwise, you'll "wear out and use up" a lot faster.

Looking forward to reading/hearing your success reports in the year ahead.

Kevin M. said...

My current New Year resolution is 1920 x 1200.

Kate said...

Drive to Chile.

Thora said...

Hmm, I think you're inspiring me to actually come up with something. So far I was just feeling lame about how I didn't really accomplish much this past year. Maybe I can this coming year. I once signed up for a 5k, and paid my charity money, too. Then I didn't show up to actually run it....oops (I was sleeping in. I blame college brain). Oh well for the free tee shirt.

Dansie Family said...

try to keep my house and my bedroom clean. and i guess grow a healthy baby.