30 March 2010

London Study Abroad

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I studied abroad.

royal albert hall

Museum of Natural History London

The Tower of London

Big Ben, House of Parliament

Westminster Cathedral72dpi

trafalgar square

And almost ten years later, my awesome personal slave, I mean husband, scanned my negatives for me and used the miracle that is Photoshop CS3 to stitch them together. Thank you, Alex!

Mostly I am just posting these because certain of my friends have been posting about a certain trip to a certain set of islands, which has inspired me with a certain jealousy.

11 comments:

msjvd said...

Panoramic composite photos have just become my new standard for love.

Paulette said...

Well, your post just made me jealous, so thank you!:) Those are gorgeous pictures!!

My5wmd said...

It seems I was a very different person in those long ago days. I remember when I was the stage manager, rubbing shoulders with the stars, keeping complex theatrical productions running smoothly, and generally being all that I admire(d) in the world: Organized, important, competent, and powerful. (And I got to wear a lot of black, which I looked great in.) A long time ago....sometimes I miss that me, that life.

Queen Elizabeth said...

I am jealous of YOUR having studied in London. Awesome.

amy said...

*sigh*

Nice pics, nice husband, nice memories.

The Yoder's Four said...

SO JEALOUS! AUGH!

potsandpins said...

The mister and I went to London in 1984...we were the original accidental tourists - didn't have a clue about where to go or what to see...and in our stupor we stumbled upon the royal motorcade...which included the queen, Princess Diana, Prince Charles, Edward and Fergie and the Francoise Mitterand, then the president of France! Thanks for the memories your post gave me...one day I'd like to go back...but probably only in my dreams! xo, Nan

The Rookie said...

Beautiful photos.

If I have one regret from college, it is that I never bothered to save enough for a study abroad opportunity (especially the British Isles Author Excursion). That was stupid.

Cory Reese said...

Dang Gina! (Not that your name is Gina. It's more just a figure of speech.)

Those are some sweet pictures!

I, for one, am jealous.

angela michelle said...

I once did that too. Except minus the awesome pictures.

Brittany said...

Wow. What a place! These photos are gorgeous! Lets take a family trip, eh?