23 March 2010

Sampler

Last year our quilt guild block of the month was a sampler. My question today is, do I have to make another sailboat? Or can I just do a random simple pinwheel or something for that last block? The center row has one of each block, but I made two of each block in the top and bottom row. I have tried several arrangements, and this was my favorite, but I am open to suggestion.

I'm annoyed with the orange, green, and red jack-in-the-box block, but not annoyed enough to make another one.

6 comments:

Tigger said...

Are you going to add some borders to make it bigger?
My vote is that you should if you already have fabric that would look good with the blocks you've got.

Jessi said...

I always love pinwheels.

Jen said...

Yes, Sara, it will have some borders. I have some crazy mile a minute blocks I am going to work in somehow.

msjvd said...

I like the long skinny ones that look like trees.

That is a very cool quilt, Jen!

The Yoder's Four said...

I think another sailboat would tie everything together nicely.

My5wmd said...

No quilt should have more than one sailboat. (Most should have none. They are not my favorite. I mean, who sails? And they aren't even that pretty.) I vote for a block of a different sort. That being said, Cute quilt. I admire quilting from afar. (Like admiring Alan Rickman from afar.)