26 April 2010

Earth, Fire, and Planes

Plane Cake
Stinky Bear's birthday was last week, so I obliged him with a party chip cake, very badly decorated. The planes, however, are a big hit.
DIRT

The other big hit of the party was the bucket of sand one of his many awesome aunts gave him. I had to move the heavy thing over to the birthday cake so that he would blow out his candles. Then he fell in love with FIRE as well. Who's idea was it to light cakes on fire?

In other news, the children have been occupied for about an hour and a half with watching a small, fuzzy, blue caterpillar out back. The sod is already paying for itself in value.

6 comments:

The Yoder's Four said...

Awesome! I'm going to start giving buckets of sand as gifts now.

Tigger said...

I am so glad he loved/s his bucket of sand and the tractor to dig in it! (after watching him and hearing about your backyard, I thought he would).
Henry is such a darling and adventurous little guy!

msjvd said...

I wish I were there.

I'd have given him a pile of rocks and helped him build.. a rockpile.

I've got to work harder to be a good Auntie like Tiggs. :P

Heidi said...

It made me so happy to see your comment on my blog. I have missed you immensely.

(Although it is my own fault for dropping off the planet.)

The Rookie said...

Fire and boys: a match made in heaven. (Pun possibly intended.)

angela michelle said...

love that cake. thanks for making a cake the birthday boy would love instead of thinking about what Martha Stewart would love.