22 April 2010

Formerly Known as the Child Maiming Wilderness

These are some before and afters that Alex threw together of our back yard. Before and Afters of our Yard
They are not all the exact same angle, but you get the idea. The sandy spot on the far right will have a sand box eventually.
Before and Afters of our Yard
Poisonous oleander, black widow hiding rocks, rosebushes, sludge/dead frog-filled decorative ponds, and cactus have made way for green grass.
Before and Afters of our Yard
Even the tree is happier. Look, it grew leaves so it would match the lawn instead of staying naked to match the rocks.

*If you click on the picture to see it bigger, click on "all sizes" when it takes you to flickr. That will get the full resolution one.

11 comments:

Jesse said...

That's downright perty.

Linz said...

That's awesome!! Well done!

My5wmd said...

I know exactly how you feel. I was sooooo glad to finally get a backyard after 2 houses and 3-1/2 years of dirt. Hallelujah!! Be sure to spend copious amounts of time back there before it gets too hot!!

msjvd said...

Looks great, Jen! I shall hasten there to roll around on it!

And thanks for pointing out that FlickR feature. I was getting downright bugg-ed at seeing pictures posted, clicking on links for "closer looks" and getting exact same size photo.

This is much preferred!

Kyle & Alicia said...

Yay! That looks so great! I am jealous of your back yard. Love the grass!

Saddie said...

ooh ahh!

It's nice to be able to send the children out to play without having to make sure the poison control number is handy and tetanus shots updated.

mommy princess said...

Do I have permision to use one of those shots of your lovely green backyard as a screen saver? One of these days it will be me gushing over my beautiful backyard. Until then I'll just enjoy yours. P.S. I'm glad my husband got to contribute to the safty of your little tribe;)

The Yoder's Four said...

NICE! And you got free labor? You can send them up here to wheelbarrow a few tons of topsoil next week!

The Yoder's Four said...

P.S. I love your arbor!

angela michelle said...

awesome! i think a grassy backyard is the key to family happiness. we're hoping to make the exact same transformation around here as soon as it quits raining enough for the sod guy to come.

Heidi said...

Your yard looks great!!