24 May 2010

My Big Helpers

For these pictures, Alex was my big helper. He has capable hands. But now I need you to be my big helpers.
Asian Lily Quilt
Some of you are familiar with this Asian Lily quilt. I have finished quilting in the middle. Now I need to do something on the sides. But I can't decide what to do. So please advise.
Asian Lily, Back

Above is how it looks right now.

Should I do another frame and straight line (tempting due to easy nature).
A nicer version of this wavy line? Alex asked if I could do leaves, and that's as close as I could imagine. I will make a template and trace whatever I do decide, so it won't actually look like a small child found a sharpie and died shortly thereafter at his or her mothers' hands. Ignore the squiggle corners.
Or scalloped? Right now I am most torn between a scallop and the criss cross, because even though I like easy, I always regret it later.

16 comments:

Linz said...

That quilt is so pretty! And it looks hard. YOu rock!

Anywho - Anything but the scallops. I personally like the wavey lines. Good luck with whichever you choose!! And please post pictures!!!

Jessi said...

I am so impressed. Anything you do will be awesome.

My5wmd said...

I like the criss-cross lines. I think it feels better with the tone of the quilt. It's very feminine and flowery, in the center, then you have the straight lines framing the center, so I think the crossing wavy lines should go next, and then the final straight line framing the whole thing (you know, the binding seam.)

Queen Elizabeth said...

The "leaves" - you'll be glad when it's all said and done. Looks amazing.

Mary said...

Wow!!! I am so impressed with your bea-u-tiful work! Your one friend said anything but the scallops, but I personally think that would look so nice with the flowers. I can't wait to see what you decide!

Melissa said...

i like the criss cross lines. looks great by the way!

The Rookie said...

I'm digging the wavy criss-crossed lines.

This is a lovely quilt!

Tigger said...

Yes, My vote is criss-cross/wavy lines too. Like Jennifer said, it seems to go better with the overall look/tone of the quilt.

Dansie Family said...

i kike the criss cross lines as well. you are talented.

msjvd said...

I agree with Alex and the wavy line.

I'm curious why one block is different than any of the others?

Thora said...

Wavy lines - think they would look very nice.

Kimi@SoManyKids said...

I like the frame. What can I say. I like the simple things in life.

angela michelle said...

This is so gorgeous. I vote scallops. So are you going to come visit me this weekend? I'm not far from the Sandy convention center!

Brittany said...

I like the wavy line first and the straight line second. It's beautiful!
Thanks for the help figuring my blog out!

Pots and Pins said...

Very impressive! I think you should do a figure 8 quilting design - except squares instead of circles - interlocking squares - know what I mean? It's a very Asian pattern...would go well with what you've already done...but then, anything you do will be great - and even cross-hatching would be nice! Way to go! Finishing anything bigger than a hot pad with two small kids is an amazing feat!

Amy Bigelow said...

What about a pretty cream lace?