06 May 2010

Notes

I have several tidbits of exciting news today.

1. I am very pleased to announce that I have won a Quesadilla cookbook from Fab Frugal Food. I love cheese, so this is a great boon, even though I am slightly embarrassed that my winning comment was, "Mmmmm, cheese." I didn't really expect to win, but now my awesome comment is republished for all to enjoy.

2. The Fiesta to benefit my friend Gina's hubby was a great success. I paid the most ridiculous price for my own pie. It was for a good cause, but I will admit that I got a little carried away, and probably ought to have let one of my gracious friends or relatives buy and enjoy it. Sometimes my inner, over-competitive harpy comes out and I can't restrain her.

3. Through a magical mysterious series of events, I will be attending the Casual Blogger Conference! Is anyone else going so I can sit by them and hold hands (metaphorically speaking)? I signed up for 1. Authentic Blogging, Zen 2. Writing: Finding your Voice 3. Design: Make your Blog a Work of Art and 4. AP Photography in that order on Saturday. What questions should I have before I go?

5 comments:

Tigger said...

Sorry for making your bid go higher. My fabulous mother-in-law gave me a little money to buy a dessert. I put that with my money to try and get your pie.
Someday the in-laws will be blessed enough to taste it. . . maybe someday someone will share that recipe with me. Who knows.

Kate said...

Glad you got the Quesadillas cookbook!

You and Pamy and I should get together when you come up North.

Linz said...

Congrats on your cookbook! How could "Mmmmm, Cheese" not win???

amy said...

mmmmmm, cheese.

i'm with kate!

Mary said...

Congratulations on your win and have a great time at the conference!