20 June 2010

Happy Father's Day Awesome Alex

waffles

I made waffles for Alex's breakfast today, in honor of his awesomeness. I meant to bring them to him in bed, but he got up before they were ready.

I would say I made them because I am awesome like that, but sadly, I recently read The Five Love Languages, by Gary Chapman, and as I read, I realized that Alex is good at showing love in all five languages. Opposites attract, I guess. I am bad at showing love in all five languages. Hence, I have been trying to branch out from my stingy non-demonstrative method of nagging as a form of love. Here are some words of affirmation: Love you Alex! You are a great dad.

PS. Book group at my house Thursday on that book.

4 comments:

Melissa Bastow said...

That is a good book - can I come to your book group? (That will probably be a long drive though, so I'll have to spend the night at your house too.)

What a good wife you are. Even if it takes effort. 'Cause I hear you - I am not good at showing love either. It's not an easy thing to do. Although I did nuke some corndogs for my husband yesterday, so that has to count for something.

The Yoder's Four said...

What kind of syrup is that??? Looks yummy! I hope Alex appreciated your efforts.

Jen said...

It was apricot jam. Very yummy.

Mary said...

I really like that book! I just may have to blog about it. You always inspire me -- to copy you.