30 September 2010

And then She Saw the Virgin Mary in the Shower Curtain!

 Can I just say that *c-section baby heads are about the loveliest thing ever? Not squished or swollen. Just newborn perfection.  

*This does not mean I ever want to have a c-section. I am just admiring that adorable perfectly round little head.
 Oh, isn't she a little sweetie? 7 lbs 1 oz at 3 weeks early.

Here are some miraculous events of the week so far:

1. My dishes have stayed in a more progressive state of washedness than usual this week. I fully attribute this fact to sister-in-law as well as Heavy Divine Intervention.

2. There are four children under the age of four in my house, and at this moment they are all quiet, and may in fact be asleep. Three are in the same room. Don't drop whatever you are holding out of shock. We started the bedtime routine two and a half hours ago. Still, it is a miracle that it is before 10:00 p.m. right now.

3. Sara's fingers are looking good and pink. The baby was released today, and Sara may be released in the next couple of days. So the part of my heart that is currently residing at Intermountain Medical will be coming back to Hurricane. Thank you surgeon and other awesome medical people.

4. I was wishing for something thoughtful to be done for Sara in addition to the practical things that occur to me, and a thoughtful person called me on the phone. And the thoughtful person is taking care of it. I am thoughtful-challenged, so I think this is another instance of Divine Intervention.

5. A kind-hearted soul offered to take the many children under my care so I could get some things done in preparation for a possible homecoming. She had them all afternoon.

Next thing you know, there will be heavenly visitations.

9 comments:

amy said...

Gorgeous baby, gorgeous Sara. I am so thrilled about all of it! Happy day!

Excuse me while I go finish my incantations on behalf of your dishes.

Simply, Sarah said...

You always have such fun thoughts. What a great sister to have a few more children for a week!
Sisters are golden.

msjvd said...

If all I had to do was call you in order for you to think I was "thoughtful," why didn't you say so?

I'd call you far more often. You know what we call that at my house?

PESTERING!

Such a beautiful baby. You can send Eliza along when you send Grace to live with me.

Dansie Family said...

it's because you are such a good person! and totally beautiful little eliza.

The Yoder's Four said...

2 1/2 hours....oy. At the very least, you've earned an angelic visitation from someone who knows how to do laundry.

Round baby heads are the best! And look at all that hair!!

Linz said...

Yea for a beautiful baby! I am glad everything is going okay! My prayers are with you!

The Rookie said...

I'm so happy so much good has come out of such an awful situation!

You are an amazing woman. Four kids under four = fierce!

Cheeseboy said...

4 under 4?! That is amazing. I think that C section babies have perfectly round heads, but that is only what society tells us is cute, right?

I have no idea what I am saying. I found you through Thou Shalt Not Whine. Your blog is cool for a MMB. (Not that MMBs are generally not cool. They just tend to be a little monotonous.)

Gina said...

Your sister sounds like an amazing person- just like you. :) I'm so glad she is doing okay. That baby is so perfect i could eat her up.