Can I just say that *c-section baby heads are about the loveliest thing ever? Not squished or swollen. Just newborn perfection.
*This does not mean I ever want to have a c-section. I am just admiring that adorable perfectly round little head.
Oh, isn't she a little sweetie? 7 lbs 1 oz at 3 weeks early.
Here are some miraculous events of the week so far:
1. My dishes have stayed in a more progressive state of washedness than usual this week. I fully attribute this fact to sister-in-law as well as Heavy Divine Intervention.
2. There are four children under the age of four in my house, and at this moment they are all quiet, and may in fact be asleep. Three are in the same room. Don't drop whatever you are holding out of shock. We started the bedtime routine two and a half hours ago. Still, it is a miracle that it is before 10:00 p.m. right now.
3. Sara's fingers are looking good and pink. The baby was released today, and Sara may be released in the next couple of days. So the part of my heart that is currently residing at Intermountain Medical will be coming back to Hurricane. Thank you surgeon and other awesome medical people.
4. I was wishing for something thoughtful to be done for Sara in addition to the practical things that occur to me, and a thoughtful person called me on the phone. And the thoughtful person is taking care of it. I am thoughtful-challenged, so I think this is another instance of Divine Intervention.
5. A kind-hearted soul offered to take the many children under my care so I could get some things done in preparation for a possible homecoming. She had them all afternoon.
Next thing you know, there will be heavenly visitations.