16 September 2010

Dinner Calendar

I usually write out my dinner plans for two weeks in a row: 

Tempura vegetables and pot stickers.

Sweet potatoes

Burritos or tacos

Scrambled eggs, toast

Lasagne

Egg and potato scramble

Crock pot ribs w/ baked potatoes

Spaghetti, string beans

Grill cheese or tuna melts

Chicken enchiladas (Note to self: Research Spaghetti squash enchiladas)

Hawaiian Haystacks

Hamburger - onion - tomato something over rice

Smoothies / make own / toast & eggs

Waffles!

As you can see, we are leaning heavily on easy, simple things. Anyone else made anything easy and simple lately? Do share!

I also enjoy The Queen Cooks and Pioneer Woman's cooking site. What cooking blogs do you enjoy?

7 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Wow - thanks for the plug! The Sisters Cafe has done me good ... sisterscafe.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Wow. You are really organized. I don't even have a list for what I am going to eat tonight!

We are really into sauteed spinach w/garlic. Easy. Tasty. Nutritious.

Might not go over so well with little tykes, but maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.

Amy said...

We do a lot of Fajitas because they're a favorite, or chicken and rice (a mormon casserole version), or veggie wraps (salad in a tortilla), or *gasp* cereal. :)

We Eat is full of tasty treats (and some great real meals too)

These are good ideas to add to my menu! We don't do nearly enough breakfast around here. Oooh! French toast! Yum.

Dansie Family said...

ty's chicken: chicken breasts or tenderloins layered in a baking dish with zuchinni, tomatoes, basil, onions and a bit of salt and pepper. server over brown rice.

The Yoder's Four said...

DiGiorno's frozen pizza...OO YEAH!! My Friday night favorite. Now they're less than $5, I think. Try the ones with the garlic bread crust.

I'm really hungry now.

Mary said...

I, too, have only recently started considering what to have for dinner this very evening so I am supremely impressed by your forethought. I basically always have rice in the rice cooker and then scramble around for something to eat with it.

msjvd said...

As you know, I eat a lot of tofu lately, ie:

Tofu scramble
Kung pao tofu
Pan-fried (my fav!) tofu with marinara

I'm told I could make General Tsao's Tofu, but... what's the point of frying tofu and putting it in sugary sauce with lots of preservatives?

I do maintain that I could eat almost anything made into a quesadilla, so no doubt that's next, but the effort to dry, fry, and tortilla-fry that tofu is unappealing.

So I recommend for you, QUESADILLAS. My only comfort in seeing how often you eat eggs and toast is that I know that's really good bread you're making into toast. :)