11 September 2010

Random

My Girl

1. I love Grace's eclectic sense of fashion. I thought the boots really tied this outfit together before she took them off. Yes, I only allow them to eat on the hard floor, and not the carpet.

2. I am loving this series:

The Thief (The Queen's Thief, Book 1)

The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, Book 2)

I really want to read the next one, but I got too grumpy when I had to put down The Queen of Attolia to help Alex with some stuff. 

3. We are in the process of a possible career shift, which makes sitting around reading all the time very difficult. So I have banished myself from the library for personal use until October.

4. Only a few more weeks until the second trimester. Hooray!

5. The Red Rock Relay passed our house today, and Alex had R2 out for a trial run. He is so excited about his progress that he has made a video demonstrating R2's powers. Check it out here. His sign says, "May the Force be with you!"

9 comments:

Tigger said...

Grace is so stinkin' cute!

May your next two trimesters pass faster than the first! And may this month pass quickly so you can get back to the library, and so I can have a little girl!

Alex's robot is looking awesome. I was hoping to see it move around too. Tell him he must make another movie when he progresses to that point. R2 is looking AWESOME!

Linz said...

She is a cutie!

Cooool robot!

And Good luck with the career shift! I hope everything goes well!!

msjvd said...

Cool R2!

Grace is not so cool. Send her to live with me immediately. I'll get her through the awkward period until she's 25.

Thanks as ever!

tiffany said...

im linz sister i just watched the r2d2 video that is so awsome

Cory Reese said...

WE SAW R2 TODAY!!! Both Mel and I commented how incredibly awesome it was to have you guys put him there for runner support.

The Yoder's Four said...

Tell Grace that she needs to share some of her luscious hair/fashion secrets with us.

I hope the career shift is a good thing!

The Rookie said...

Those boots and that little girl: adorable!

I am amazed by R2.

Yahoo for the 2nd trimester!

Saddie said...

I am currently stuck a little over half way through Queen of Attolia. Over the last week I've managed to reread the same passage I don't know how many times, but fate (aka the children, spouse, etc.) keeps pulling me away before I can even get started. Phooey!

mommy princess said...

R2 is amazing. I love that picture of Grace, I can't believe how long her hair is. I guess because my 3 year olds hair is still only 2 1/2 inches long lol. I promise to bring those baskets by before the end of this week!