29 October 2010

Evil, on the Rise

Alex thinks it isn't fair that I always sew all this stuff and give it away without making anything for him. This year he challenged me to make him a Dr. Horrible lab coat, and so with much whining, wailing, and gnashing of teeth, I put the above coat together for him. We probably saved $10 by not buying the custom one on eBay. (Unless we count my labor as value added. Then this coat would have cost One Million extra dollars.) I ended up using a chef coat pattern and tweaking it a few different ways. He already had the Haliburton case. Welding gloves: Ace Hardware. Welding goggles: Ebay.

I think he has a great chance of getting into the Evil League of Evil in this getup.

9 comments:

Saddie said...

So, should we expect some sing-along blog posts come Halloween? Now THAT would definitely complete the ensemble. Ha ha. Seriously, you did a great job and Alex looks eerily like the Doogie man himself.

The Stratton's said...

Very nice. You deserve huge bonus points for that one.

Queen Elizabeth said...

Fabulous. And that you did it whilst with child = wayyyyy more points.

Linz said...

Nice! Great job!!

msjvd said...

That's pretty extravagantly wonderful, Jenny! And Alex adds the facial expressions that finish it off nicely!

Tigger said...

I love it! Did you finish your mask, and are you going to post it?! I think you should. If you need help in the morning or something, let me know. (you just have to do the driving. ;))

myimaginaryblog said...

Does Dr. Horrible wear sandals?

Very nice job on the lab coat!

Lili said...

Very well done. Every year around Halloween time, I see the amazing costumes my sisters make for their kids (or my friends make for their husbands), and I realize that one day, in order to be a good mom and wife, I'm going to have to learn to sew from and tweak a pattern... sigh

Brittany said...

He does have a great chance. Awesome costume!