20 October 2010

Pink Quilt

Pink Quilt

Sara had a checkup in the far north today, so I finished this quilt, and I am now almost finished with Alex's Dr. Horrible Lab coat, which has caused me much distress due to my clothing construction inexperience.
Pink Quilt detail 2

Quilting details. I don't usually spend a lot of time on the quilting aspect, because it is my least favorite part of quilting. However, I did have fun with these because they were in small chunks.

Pink Quilt detail 1


Pink Quilt, Back

I liked how the back turned out. Alex was impressed with my aligned stripes. They did take a little angst as far as cutting to make the yardage I bought do it, but it did with very little leftover.

Ultrasound will be soon, so I hope it will confirm that this quilt is for this baby. Otherwise, this quilt will go in the misfit pile, and I'll have to make another one. Darn.

8 comments:

msjvd said...

I hope it's for this baby, too. Then you'll have a spare and you can send Grace to live with me. Immediately.

And keep the quilt. It is very nice!

Did you pick the name yet?

angela michelle said...

wow--love it. that swirly quilting is awesome.

The Yoder's Four said...

Great job! I love the back!!

I made a snazzy boy quilt about six years ago when I was pregnant....with Madelyn. I seriously thought I was going to have a boy! Oh, well. Now Luke has a nice quilt. The fabric I bought for hers right after the ultrasound has subsequently been sitting in the garage. Every year I swear I'm going to get around to it...

Kyle & Alicia said...

Wow, you are quite the talented woman. Really, I love the quilt,It is adorable!

Project Maniac said...

If you need any help with your lab coat, let me know. I like to make clothes and just finished some leotards for Hattie and her Cousin's costume. And you will probably end up making another quilt anyway because they are so fun.

Project Maniac said...

If you need any help with your lab coat, let me know. I like to make clothes and just finished some leotards for Hattie and her Cousin's costume. And you will probably end up making another quilt anyway because they are so fun.

Jen said...

Lori, I wish you had offered earlier. I've been riddled with anxiety, but I did finally finish that darn coat.

Brittany said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!