25 October 2010

Why Bank of America is LAME

Warning: a brief vent (see evil eye above).

Aside from the widely publicized issue of Bank of America illegally foreclosing in multiple states, I would just like to state for the record, that they have not sent me any statements for my mortgage since April of this year. Countrywide sent me statements every month. B of A sent a few after they bought out Countrywide, and then they noticed that I pay online and quit sending any sort of correspondence whatsoever. Not paper statements, not digital statements. Nada.

I would be willing to BET that if I was late on a payment, I would be contacted about it in a prompt manner, and probably by an actual human being. With horns. But Bank of America has no time, personnel, or energy to fritter away on paltry me, the peon who actually pays on time every month, allowing B of A to pay their employees, stockholders, and pointy-haired managers.

I tried to contact customer service and request e-statements, in the hope of receiving a kind, warm response that I, their treasured customer had been overlooked. Something about how this egregious error would be corrected immediately, and throw in some sincere apologies at the oversight.

Instead, I received an impersonal, computer generated notice that I should receive my statement, dated April 2010 within five to seven business days. They couldn't even send that information to my email box. I had to log into my B of A account to retrieve their dumb email because their dumb computer was too lazy to bring it all the way to ME.

Please excuse me now, I need to go spray the fire extinguisher in my ears  and eyes to stop the flames.

9 comments:

msjvd said...

Well, it's come to this. You have nothing better to complain about? Life in Hurricane must be pretty peachy if this is your best take on ranting, Row!

msjvd said...

Er, great pic, btw!

The Yoder's Four said...

I HATE B of A!!!! We had to open an account with them when we lived in NM and every single time I went to make a simple transaction I went away seething with irritation. I could go on but I have to go call customer service for IHC to clear up a bill that should have been paid by insurance. Wish me luck with that one....

Marie Says Yes said...

BofA totally, totally stinks bad. We had an experience with them. and it was quite an experience, too.

Robert and Sherry Leal said...

I have had a bitter taste in my mouth for BofA for a long time. It's because of them that if I ever need to change banks for some reason, I avoid anything but local, community banks. Credit unions, preferably. Rant all you want about 'em. We'll cheer you on!

Project Maniac said...

Good thing Kevin hasn't commented, you'd probably have to sensor it. B of A is not his favorite. I think he over paid once by a dollar just so he could have the satisfaction of creating extra paper work for them. I don't remember if it worked, you'll have to ask him.

Cory Reese said...

I'm not sure why you didn't just email them your angry picture at the beginning.

Start the email with "Listen, punks. Don't be stupid about this. I will make you wish you never worked at B of A!!" You would likely get a resolution much quicker.

michelle said...

Can I add nelnet to this post and then say ITA w/everything you said!

The Rookie said...

I am with you. B and A may no longer stand for Bank or America in my mind. This is a family-friendly zone so I won't share what I've replaced these with.

Also, if you really want to know what I feel, Visa can go to H.

That is all.