01 November 2010

The Sugar Overloaded Children, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Dr. Horrible and his R2
Dr. Horrible was a big hit with his mechanical pal. Alex's goal was to have the 2-3-2 leg transition, sound track, and a moving head working on R2 by Halloween, and he reached the goal. I was very proud of him.
Angel and Puppy

Graceful was an angel, and Henry was a puppy. His tail was a sock, also. I didn't make his costume, but I did love it a lot. Sara borrowed it from her mother-in-law for me.

Family Pic, October

My awesome father-in-law took these for us on Conference weekend. Grace's hair loses about two to four inches when I put foam rollers in it. She loves having curly hairs.

very hungry caterpillar front

For Quilt Guild in August we read The Very Hungry Caterpillar and started this quilt. The ladies made little felt backed food to go on the white center panel as the storyteller reads the book. We will be donating this to our local children's library. At the end of the story, you can turn it around, and there is the butterfly!

very hungry caterpillar back
I just LOVE this fabric.

10 comments:

msjvd said...

Wow, everyone looks quite glamorous in these pictures!

Well, except Alex. He looks a bit mad and very scientific.

All in all, EXCELLENT!

Simply, Sarah said...

The quilt is awesome, but I LOVE the family picture! Your children look perfectly cute in their costumes,too. :)

Lili said...

What a great family photo! (And great costumes, and a great quilt...)

Angie Lewis said...

Awesome family picture & I LOVE the quilt! What an awesome gift for your library :)

Linz said...

CUUUUUUTE quilt! And Costumes!!! And family! I love Grace's curly hair!

The Yoder's Four said...

Gorgeous family pic!! I really should have ours done soon. Meh.

Your children are adorable and I wish you could keep that quilt for them. Pure brilliance!

angela michelle said...

That is the most awesome quilt ever. Your family looks great. My sons are in love with your husband.

The Rookie said...

Love the costumes. Love how beautiful the family photo turned out (Grace's hair--to die for!). Love the quilt.

Sorry I've been a blogging dud lately.

Cory Reese said...

I don't mean to sound disrespectful to your family, children, or quilt which are all wonderful, but the robot picture may be the coolest picture ever.

Brittany said...

Oh my word! That quilt is sooooo amazing! Where did you buy the fabric? I'll have to chat with you about that.