27 December 2010

It's Not a Girl!

The Pink Headache quilt I made will have to wait for another baby. We had our ultrasound last Thursday, and it's another boy. It took a day to get over my shock at Being Wrong (because, of course, I am so SELDOM wrong), and now I am very delighted to welcome a baby brother for Henry. I probably cursed myself by announcing over and over that after Henry we would be having All Girls.

In other news, the Universe has combined to smile on me, because I won two more holiday giveaways I entered! Madness, I know. I probably won't win anything for a year now.

One was from my friend's awesome site: Green Jello with Carrots. She does LDS clip art, and I really like their stuff for primary kids. It is a handy time for me to have won something there, since I was put in as the second counselor in the primary presidency this weekend. Incidentally, we now know that it is possible for Alex and me to go from pajamas to church-presentable in approximately 25 to 30 minutes, including showers!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Henry's was so merry that during nursery yesterday he actually put down his Thomas. He hasn't put it down for bath, dinner, bed, hell, or high water during the two months since we gave it to him. If it falls out of his crib at night, he cries until we come in and return it to him. But apparently his new train and Space Ranger have filled the hole in his heart where Thomas was lodged.

Grace received a little boon to parents I like to call, "Never Naked Barbie." Thank you Mattel.

13 comments:

Linz said...

Congrats on another boy! That's awesome! i was wrong on both of my kids!! Oh, well!

Congrats on winning stuff! That's so fun!!

Kate said...

Your photo looks awesome! Love it.

Yowsas on the calling. If I was called to the primary presidency, I'm pretty sure I'd quit the church.

I'm still on the fence about nursery. But, it sure is good birth control!

The Stratton's said...

I thought you were looking so cute yesterday at church. I was going to tell you, but don't know what happened. I'm floored you pulled that off in less than 30 minutes.

Jillybean said...

30 minutes?
I'm impressed. We can't seem to get everybody ready within 90 minutes, and they're all old enough to dress themselves.
Congrats on the baby!

The Yoder's Four said...

I love the title of your post. And I think it took me a full week to get over the fact that I was wrong about the gender of my first child.

I am with you on the Barbie thing! Yay for Christmas miracles!

PS. A calling like that at a time like this?! Really??!?

msvjd said...

What's up with your hair in that picture? Has it grown out long enough that you can do a "Mrs. Kringle"?

Kyle & Alicia said...

Yay! A BOY! That means our boys can be friends! Congrats!

The Rookie said...

Hooray! I am so excited to "meet" the little guy on this blog of yours.

As for the winning, that rocks! I've only ever won one thing. Bah!

And I have managed the 25 minute look myself. It usually occurs when I pushed snooze five too many times until I become cognizant of the fact that there will be dozens of antsy freshmen outside my classroom door if I don't hurry, all chanting, "You're late, teacher!" 35 Freshmen: a far worse fate than punching any time clock in the universe.

Jessi said...

A boy! Congrats.

Catherine & Jonathan Edie said...

I can relate to getting ready in thirty minutes...but I get frustrated on those days because I usually receive the most compliments, go figure! Why don't I receive those compliments on the days I spend an hour getting ready?
I'm excited about the boy! I hope thats what I'm having so they can play at family events.

angela michelle said...

Congrats on your boy! You look fantastic.

Mary said...

Yay! Now to think of names.... And you do look exceptionally lovely in that photo! Oh, and your calling sounds nice. I think every calling but mine sounds nice right now.

Heidi said...

Having Thomas replaced by the train and Space Ranger remind me of Woody and Jessie being replaced in Toy Story. ;)