21 December 2010

Unlucky Them

One of my awesome friends is the president of the young women's organization in her church group. Tonight, she generously offered the babysitting services of the girls to local parents from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m., so that the adults could go Christmas shopping without little eyes seeing the boodle.

At 7:00 p.m., the power went out in all of the city of Hurricane. For an hour. Does anyone else feel bad for her and laugh hysterically at the plight at the same time?

A large room full of teenage girls and small children.

Sudden darkness. No candles. No flashlights. No NOTHING!

I can just hear the screaming.

But if I had been there, I wouldn't have seen it.

Candy, I salute you!

7 comments:

My5wmd said...

Oh, that is too funny/sad!! I might have to share this blog entry. ( P.S. I also love your photo. I've seen it before, or course, but it fits perfectly. Good work.)

The Stratton's said...

I can only imagine. Haha.

The Rookie said...

Hahahahahahaha. That is incredible mayhem and those little young women will have a fantastic adventures in babysitting story for life!

Tigger said...

Candy was amazing. One of the young men leaders went and got a generator. "They watched a movie n the dark and got to play with flashlights. It turned out pretty fun.

The Yoder's Four said...

Poor Candy! Haha......so glad it wasn't me!

Linz said...

haha! That's so funny and sad! I hope they survived!

Mary said...

I guess it says something about me that my first consideration was for the shopping parents without a single thought for the plight of the children.