I am going to book club tonight, to discuss books about Africa. I read the The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency yesterday and the day before, and I found it very delightful. It looks like it is a series, so I may have to look into that if there is not something more scintillating to read for next month.
In other news, I have SIX weeks left today. Hooray! That's only one more sharing time, four weeks of conducting primary, and one week of everyone saying, "Haven't you had that baby YET? You look like you are about to POP!"
I am in a dither about whether to attend my brother's wedding in three weeks.
Reasons to Go
* I LOVE my Baby Brother and his Cutie Fiance with a deep and abiding love
* It is two weeks before I am due, and I have never had a baby that early
* Someone has graciously accepted my request to co-ordinate my Bountiful Baskets site that weekend.
* Many of my relatives who I love a lot will be there.
* I cannot take pictures if I am not there.
Reasons to Stay
* Sleeping away from home is not my children's strong point.
* Driving in a car for a long time is not my strong suit when very, very pregnant.
* Sleeping away from home is not my strong suit when I am very, very pregnant.
* I will be very, very pregnant.
* Also, I cry at some weddings and at least twice a week when I am very, very pregnant, and I don't have waterproof mascara right now. I think that is a recipe for possible disaster.
* Gracious Baby Brother said he would understand either way.
* If I stay home, my puffy face and puffy everything else will not be captured via photograph.
* There is a reception in our home town the week after.
* Who knows what sorts of odd things altitude changes can do to a neurotic very pregnant woman?
* Did I mention how very, very pregnant I will be?
Please feel free to throw out other reasons to stay or go in the comments. Preferrably reasons to stay, because I'm leaning toward going right now, and it's giving me a lot of anxiety.