14 February 2011

To My Beloved on Valentines Day

Roses are Red, violets are Blue,
The Sun is hot, and so are You.
But you have things, the sun ain't got.
You have skills that can't be bought.
Thanks for washing the dishes this week.
Thanks for being my favorite geek.
The children were blessed to have you there,
while I've been dying on the chair.
As I have coughed the wheeze of dread,
You've scattered sunshine to my sickly bed.
You are my one and only love so true,
so Happy Valentines Day. I love you!

11 comments:

kellz said...

Great poetry. ;)

I love your wedding colors!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Simply, Sarah said...

Ok, that comment above was from me. My daughter's google account was open when I thought mine was...

The Stratton's said...

I love that poetic talent you have! Feel better soon!

Linz said...

Awww! :)

Dansie Family said...

funny girl. glad you are feeling better.

Tigger said...

Geez, you and Alex look so young in your wedding picture. Kids and...wreckless/accident prone sisters must be prematurely aging you.

I am totally joking you are still young and gorgeous and I love your poetry as well as all of your fabulous guts!

Love you Jen, Happy Valentine's Day!

Glad to hear you are doing better.

Jen said...

Thanks a LOT, Sara. I am happy I have been able to put a little meat on Alex. I think he looked a little skinny when we got married.

And I am aging, faster by the day what with all that is put upon me by this terrible illness. It's okay, I just age fast so all of you younger children can feel good about how young you look compared to me.

Lynn said...

funny, I didn't think they had changed at all.

The Rookie said...

So bad it is almost good.

(Almost is pushing it.)

Mary said...

I love it! You are so cute. I have written poetry for my husband on previous valentine(s) day(s) but didn't get up the gumption for much of anything this year. Good for you, pregnant and everything.

The Yoder's Four said...

That is an awesome poem.