03 March 2011

Still No Baby

I realized today I have three friends who are due within days of me. It's like a race to the finish line! So Holly, April, and Angela, May the Force be with us.

For the record, I am trying to have a good attitude about going all the way to my due date this time. I would prefer to have normal labor, and not have my water break. I am starting to think about my 40 week due date, next Thursday, as my due date, rather than this Sunday, so I am not devastated if he doesn't come on or before the ultrasound due date. I am two days more pregnant than I have ever been at this point.

I am also feeling bad for my other friend, who was due the 28th, and to my knowledge is still pregnant. That's five of us due within two weeks, and I heard two more pregnancies announced today. Babies, babies, babies!

On the bright side, I can pick up my bountiful basket on Saturday morning and go to Alex's cousin's wedding Saturday night if I make it to Sunday. It helps to have things to anticipate.

6 comments:

Linz said...

Awww. I'm sending labor vibes your way. Hang in there. Nobody has ever been pregnant forever...

Kate said...

You can do it!

The wee one just needs a bit more time to grow!!

The Yoder's Four said...

Now, just because you said all that and made plans, the baby will come. They like to mess with set schedules.

And yes, I hope your water doesn't break until mid labor--mine broke before labor started and so everything HURT 20 times worse! Good luck, my friend!

Paulette said...

Might I add that I'm also going to have a baby any day now. In fact, I'll be induced (after pleading with my doctor) on Thursday the 10th. So there is a good possibility we'll be giving birth on the same day.:) However, I had said in a comment that you'd go on the 7th:).....either way I wish you the best of luck!:)

Amy said...

With my first a week overdue and the second coming on his due date (much too big to be fun delivering), I no longer think a baby arrives before 40 weeks! From experience I can tell you that you will make it, even if the waiting is excruciating. Good luck with everything!

The Rookie said...

I'm hoping as I post this three days after the fact, there is, indeed, a baby.