01 April 2011

Evolution of a New Brotherhood

1. Ignorance Coping. Henry walks in and sees Scott for the first time. He looks at the baby. He walks into his room and plays with his train. He repeats this coping strategy several times the first few times he is around Scott.

2. Mistaken Identity. Henry refers to Scott as Eliza, and with only the pronoun "it."

3. Budding Love. Henry gently pats the baby on the head and says, "I not kill." Henry tells Grace not to sneeze on the baby's arm.

I think that is progress. No fooling.

allofus

11 comments:

The Stratton's said...

Holy moly! Kids are hilarious and I think yours are more so than most. What a beautiful family you have!

The Yoder's Four said...

HA!

You look fabulous, by the way!

Saddie said...

Oh shoot that's funny and scary at the same time.

Linz said...

That is hilarious!!! And You do look great!!

Melissa said...

That it total progress! Congratulations!

My sister, who is 15 years older than I, swears that when she visited me after my birth at the hospital, I looked up at her and said, "I hate you!"

msjvd said...

If you can get him to say "I not hurt or maim," and hang on to it all the way through their childhoods, I think you'll have succeeded where no one else has. Ever.

Sarah B said...

haha it's good you can throw Henry a bone for his progress...would be hard for the little guy to have a new baby on the scene. very cute!!

Project Maniac said...

Normally I would think that you had exaggerated Henry's 'I not kill' statement; but after seeing him in action at the park on Tuesday, I'd say that is extremely good progress, and breath a sigh of relief.

Bonnie said...

So funny! Great family picture.

Mary said...

It's always hard to adjust, but even harder when they're still so little themselves. I was just looking at your baby's picture again - -he is so scrumptious, I just want to eat him up!

Heidi said...

Henry sounds so much like my 2 yr old. The comments they make are hilarious and you're like...where did that come from? ;)
Way cute family picture!!! I love your hair too.