22 August 2011

Why I Love Not Camping

We went camping the weekend before last. We borrowed Alex's parents' tent trailer, where the beds go out to the side of the trailer with tent over them. The kids slept on one side, and we slept on the other. Alex didn't know you are supposed to tie the tent part to the trailer. So in the middle of the night we heard this:

FWUMP
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Henry fell out of the tent trailer onto the dirt outside. I had to hurry and put my shoes on to go rescue him, since Alex seemed mildly disoriented. Luckily I was sleeping in my clothes. Anyway, I picked him up and shushed him and told him every thing was okay while brushing him off, and about five seconds later he fell back asleep in my arms before I even got him back to his bed.

We recounted the story to our friends the next morning, and Henry denied it because he didn't remember.

8 comments:

My5wmd said...

I'm sorry, but that is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard. Poor (hahahahaha), poor (snort, sniffle) Henry.

The Stratton's said...

Poor Henry. I laughed out loud at his expense just barely.

The Yoder's Four said...

I love not camping, too.

msjvd said...

So wait... were you wearing your gold glitter mary janes in your sleeping bag, too?

No one ever invites me camping. Ever.

Gina said...

Too funny! That happened to my little sister when we were little.

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Project Maniac said...

Hilarious. Tough kid that Henry. I remember that we use to fall out of our bunk beds all the time. I don't remember falling, just waking up on the floor wondering what had happened.

The Rookie said...

Guilty of laughing. Hard. But thanks Henry, I needed that.