1. Prepare a lovely, delicious, nutritious meal for children.
2. Call children to the table.
2b. Call children to the table.
2c. Go pry toys out of children's hands and drag them to the table.
3. Studiously ignore upturned noses and snide remarks about the delicious, nutritious meal you have prepared, served, and cut up for them.
4. Allow children to pick at food and eat only the item you put on the plate just for them.
5. Children run to play.
6. Clear food and dishes from the table and counter.
7. Wash dishes and pick up broom.
8a. Children return to say, "I'm hungry!"
8b. Wonder if they did not eat enough of the lovely, delicious, nutritious food you prepared or if their metabolisms are, in fact, faster than lightning.
8c. Wish you had gone for a walk this morning, so that your eye wouldn't twitch in anger like that.
8d. Refuse to feed children Again.
9. Sweep the floor.
10. Clench jaw as children open refrigerator and pantry repeatedly, helping themselves to whatever they can scavenge.
11. Conclude that it is completely futile to sweep the floor any time before 9:00 p.m. if you desire it to remain clean for more than minus five seconds, which is just enough time for the children to drag their prey to the table and chomp it while you dump the dustpan.