16 April 2012

A Little Spring Break

Alex had last week off of school, so we had fun. We went to a park in Washington, and Grace and Henry had a swell time.

IMG_3293

IMG_3295

See, you can tell by their happy faces.

I had to give a talk in church yesterday about love, and I found this golden quote by Gordon B. Hinckley. Sometimes I just miss that man. 

“Love is of the very essence of life. It is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Yet it is more than the end of the rainbow. Love is at the beginning also, and from it springs the beauty that arches across the sky on a stormy day. Love is the security for which children weep, the yearning of youth, the adhesive that binds marriage, and the lubricant that prevents devastating friction in the home; it is the peace of old age, the sunlight of hope shining through death. How rich are those who enjoy it in their associations with family, friends, church, and neighbors.” 

And in the really important news, I am halfway through season two of Downton Abbey, and Netflix has kindly deigned to send The Muppets instead of Disc 2. I love this day!

4 comments:

msjvd said...

Awwwww, I will think of you when I crack open the Downtown Abbey disc that I bought. I wish you were here to enjoy it with me. I know I would enjoy it a lot more. :(

angela michelle said...

I miss him too. Always so simple and optimistic.

Curses re the disc snafu! I discovered Downton Abbey shortly before the took the full episodes off pbs.org. So I had to basically stop feeding my children to watch it all.

Saddie said...

Oh ditches of flowing water joy, how I miss thee!

I'll have to remember to take my kiddos down to Washington. After all, what is childhood without a ditch to play in?

PS Good luck with getting your Downton Abbey fix. Netflix is just too, too cruel!

The Yoder's Four said...

That is the best park! Nothing like a good ditch to keep the kids happy.

I miss Pres. Hinckley, too. The world needs more people like him.

Do you want me to tell you how Downton Abbey ends?? Haha....hope you can survive the next few days until you get the right disc. The Muppets! LOL.