05 May 2012

Unappreciation Day

teacher appreciation door

I did not want to show any teacher that I appreciated them for Teacher Appreciation day, because I am really a hater of humanity. However, due to several requests I was worn down by attrition and convinced to do the computer lab door. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed, because I put it up before anyone else had done theirs. Early morning was the only time I could do it. It is a weird place for me to be, emotionally. I mean, comparing myself to other women who are better than I am is like breathing, right? I guess I will just have to be satisfied that I did it, and let it go. Yeah, weird.

raised garden bed

Alex is installing a raised garden bed for my own personal delight and use. I think I might actually be able to get some food for us out of this. I did a group garden out by my dad's farm (AKA Farmer John's) last summer, but I decided I wouldn't do that again until I am able to grow food in my own back yard garden first.  That little tree on the right is our cherry tree, planted last fall. Its luxurious crop this year will consist of one cherry. Yes, one. And Grace dibsed it, ruining my vision of our family sitting around a plate and cutting the cherry into five pieces. Humph.

grape arbor


This is our Grape Arbor in the back yard. It is getting so pretty, I just thought I would throw it on here. Hmm, I should have put one of those Pioneer Woman butterflies over the hideous shed. Oh well. The grape arbor was sort of an accident. It started as a grape wall, and then the vines grew so voraciously that Alex randomly decided to add another wall and a top, and it has come to this. It's not very pretty all winter, and it takes a lot of pruning, but I sure love it in the summer. The kids love it, too, except when they pick my baby grapes and feel the heat of my fury and wrath. I would talk about it more, but I'm still too angry. 

8 comments:

Saddie said...

Oh oh oh! We're just starting a grape arbor and I CAN'T WAIT for ours to look like yours!

Yeah... patience is not a virtue that has taken much root in this girl's heart.

The Stratton's said...

I love it all, Jenny! You really are super cool.

Marie Says Yes said...

I was once asked to do a teacher door. I made up a previous engagement... I just couldn't take the pressure.
That is the most amazing computer lab door I've ever seen!
Well done.

Robert and Sherry Leal said...

"Grapes" of "wrath"...get it? You're funnier than you thought you were.

Linz said...

I think your door looks aMAZEing! :) Don't worry... "They" don't even bother asking me anymore. haha!

Good luck with your garden!!

The Yoder's Four said...

That Pac-man door is awesome. Cheers for getting it done BEFORE all those naggy guilt trippers! I have yet to join the PTA for this reason....

We are going to attempt a garden this year. Mark built me a box but it's just an empty frame so far. It got down to 30* F here last night though so it might not be safe to plant yet anyway!

The Rookie said...

I'm jealous of the raised garden--looks lovely!

And why DO we compare ourselves to other women? Why, why, why? I hate it. Your Pac-Man door rocks, by the way.

The Rookie said...

I'm jealous of the raised garden--looks lovely!

And why DO we compare ourselves to other women? Why, why, why? I hate it. Your Pac-Man door rocks, by the way.