15 October 2012

This is for All the Lonely Runners

A few nights ago I had a dream where I was running along, and magically my legs and lungs were not screaming at me. My mind blissfully wandered wherever it wanted to go, rather than dwelling on the unpleasantness my body should have communicated. There was a beautiful sunrise in the dream. It was awesome. 

I started training for a 5K about five weeks ago, and this morning, for the first time, I ran for eight minutes straight for two stints. I felt so ridiculously proud of myself when my iPod trainer finally said, "Begin walking." I was amazed at how much distance I had covered without stopping.

So I would just like to send a little note out to all of my runner friends. I hope you are all very proud of yourselves for Not Stopping! You are all amazing, and I am glad I have you to inspire me with all of your journeys to the land of skinny, marathons, triathlons, bike races and ultra marathons and hostess hogging. Thanks. Pat yourselves on the back one more time from me. You deserve it!

See you at the Butch Cassidy 5K, if you go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and way to go. It is an awesome feeling.

Linz said...

Way to go, girl!! That is awesome!! Good luck on the 5K!!

Angie Lewis said...

It really is an amazing feeling to be able to run longer and longer each time. Way to go! Keep it up!

sammygrace said...

Good luck on the 5k. You're awesome. I have cool running dreams sometimes...they have yet to become reality...

Dansie Family said...

you deserve the pat. and im excited for you. when you see eliza walking in butch cassidy, will you kindly encourage her to get running. this will be her first official 5k, and i won't be with her.