31 March 2014

Not Exactly Tiny

I am a few days past 35 weeks along now, and I have had some funny comments. I posted a belly picture on facebook, and a few people said how "tiny" I look. I find this wildly amusing, because the last thing in the world I am feeling this far along is tiny. Tiny must be reserved as an adjective for things like ladybugs or Alex's portions while he is dieting, not large pregnant abdomens, and ever expanding rear ends.

Funny enough, the other thing I keep getting asked is, "Are you due any day? Almost done, right?" I like these comments better. They acknowledge that I am, in fact, very large. I have done a lot of work here, and I want some recognition for that. I am starting to feel more ready for the following rewards.

1. A cute little baby
2. Ability to pull weeds without grunting on the way up and down
3. Ability to see the front of my ankles
4. Ability to shave the front of my ankles. Yesterday I put on some sandals to go to church and realized that I had missed that spot for at least a few weeks in a row. Whoops.
5. The space to hug my loved ones or hold my other small people on my lap
6. Possibility of rolling over in bed without waking completely up to muster my strength
7. The opportunity to change the laundry, rake, vacuum, go up the stairs, and any other variety of common daily tasks without becoming slightly short of breath
8. Did I mention a cute little baby? That is what I want the most. I keep seeing the little newborns in my neighborhood and having mad baby hunger cravings.

Alex and I are within 7 lbs of the same weight. He claims he wants to lose more, although I have tried to forbid him. So within the next few weeks maybe he and I will meet in the middle. Luckily, his biggest loser contest ends today. 

1 comment:

The Yoder's Four said...

Oh my, I am SO WITH YOU ON THIS. I am 34 weeks and all people ever say is how tiny I am. I do not feel it. The grunting, the shortness of breath, the achy hips, the feeling like a 90-year old trying to get out of bed in the morning...

However, I still need those 4-6 weeks to finish getting ready for baby girl because I am woefully unprepared. I am sending good vibes your way.