11 May 2016

On the Subject of Children Growing Up

My daughter turned 10 recently. I don't really know how that happened. I have been a mom for a decade.

For Grace's birthday, she wanted to get her ears pierced, and some of her close cousins came along and got their ears pierced as well. She said it was so much better with them there, and with them doing it, too.

Her aunt came in at the beginning, and I started chatting with her about the earrings. The savvy beautician caught Grace by surprise, and before I had a chance to turn and watch, I missed the actual piercing.

Sometimes I worry that this sort of thing, the thing where I blink and miss a life changing milestone, is the story of my motherhood.

Let's hope not, because seriously, look at this girl. 






1 comment:

Holly said...

So cute! I love her high cheek dimples, seriously! Now you're staring pre-adolescence in the eyes.

Maybe we'll get to re-watch all the missed moments like TiVo someday.