11 August 2016

What I did with my Summer Vacation

For many, many years, I went without ever going more than about a month without blogging. I also seldom left the house during the summer, and often ended the summer in my counselor's office. And then this summer happened. What was I doing, you ask? Well, here is a photo illustrated list. Before any of this happened, I got a job working three days a week as a legal assistant at Barney, McKenna, & Olmstead. (Buy all our playsets and toys and estate plans and litigations.) Without further ado, I give you: My Summer.

Traveling to Florida with these two of my favorite people ever.
Visiting the NASA Space Thing and seeing all the Things there.
Remembering to do my laundry. Laundry IS always with us.
Taking as many selfies as possible to commemorate our good fun.
Traveling to Outer Space. Where no man or woman has gone before.

Eating the most delicious Morroccan food in the Entire Galaxy. Period. 

Slapping Buzz Lightyear's hand away from my tush. Get a grip Buzz, and not there!


Then I came home from happy la la land in Florida, to the biggest mess our house and marriage has ever endured. 


I felt grateful that the previous owner's cable television cord saved Alex from a broken leg, neck, or even death, when he fell through the sheetrock during this project. 

I experimented with about 50 shades of beige. 

Blackberry season happened. I made mixed berry jam for the County Fair, and then forgot to check what ribbon I got. My quilt did get a blue ribbon. Thank you, that's nice of you to say.

I taught my sons important life skills on the Fourth of July. What does Freedom really mean, if you can't blow bubbles with it?


We attended a family reunion where my 84 year old grandmother was raised 30 feet in the air on this swing. She loved it. So did I.  The picture is me, not her, in case you can't tell.

We attended another family reunion, where all these guys played their beautiful instruments, and we were reunited with long lost family, and it was tender all around.

We attended another family reunion. Yes, that is three, and we realize in retrospect that maybe we should choose moderation sometime. At the third one this little one went fishing for the first time. We did not catch any fish, but the lake was very, very beautiful. As was the baby boy.
At the last reunion (still only the third - whew) we enjoyed the company of all of these hoodlums, and wished those who couldn't make it had been there.

Other things that happened this summer:
* I bought some Cutco knives. I made a cheese and tomato sandwich immediately after opening them, and it was a very, very good choice.
* Alex and his brother impersonated the Everly Brothers with a guy who does Roy Orbison in Reno and some other far away place.
* Alex and I went to Havasupai. It was the best.
*A bunch of other stuff that it is now too late for me to recall.

The takeaway for me this summer is this: Never travel and go to family reunions and remodel your house in the summer again. Focus on the important things, like posting on your blog, and not leaving the house. Your therapist loves and supports you, and she probably misses you this year.  

1 comment:

Emily said...

This was a fun trip down memory lane. Now I'm hungry for Moroccan food.